I’m still working the kinks out of these cookies, but I’m getting there, I promise!
I snagged this recipe off of the PEScience instagram and immediately fell in love. Snickerdoodle anything is my jam. I wanted to share it with you in case you have any suggestions on how to improve the texture!
Baking with protein can get tricky, so trial and error is innevitable. Here’s the link the original recipe!
For my second batch, I decided I wanted to use the Quest Nutrition cinnamon crunch protein powder instead to replace the PEScience; both a whey/casein blend, so the results came out nearly identical. I also decided to decrease the cooking temp/time to 325*F for ~10minutes to see if that helped altitude is a bitch, man!!
They were still a little on the dry side, but full of flavour!
You will need:
- 3 scoops of Quest Nutrition protein powder in cinnamon crunch
- 1/2 cup oat flour
- 1/2 cup stevia sweetner
- 1/2t or more cinnamon
- 1/2t baking soda
- 1/2 cup sweet potato cooked in microwave; pierce the potato all over and microwave for 8-10 minutes, turning once hallfway through
- 1/4 cup sugar free maple syrup or sticky sweetner of choice
- 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 2T almond butter
- 1 whole egg
- 1/2t vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350*F
- Combine dry ingredients
- Mix wet ingredients and cooked sweet potato together
- Mix wet and dry, duh.
- Use a silpat liner or grease a cookie sheet and plop ~1T spoonfuls of batter onto it about 1″ apart.
- Sprinkle with additional cinnamon and bake for 10-15 minutes. YOU DON’T WANT TO OVER COOK THESE.
That does it folks! Try em out and let me know what you think!
- Calories: 68
- Protein: 8g
- Carbs: 4.7g
- Sugar: <1g
- Fat: 2g