Happy Cinco de Mayo, everyone!
I am the self-crowned Queen of Leftovers. I’ll make something and then I relish in the possibilities of what else I can make with it.
But apparently it doesn’t photograph very well because I can’t find ANY proof that I’ve ever made this…. I promise.. it’s amazing.
So, you made tacos, but maybe you don’t have any tortillas left. Maybe you’re on a low-carb or gluten free diet (in which case, my heart breaks for you). MAYBE, you just want to throw some shit together and call it a meal.
This post will help you do just that. TACO BOWLS using leftovers!
You Will Need:
- protein of choice taco beef, chicken, pork, shrimp… anything!
- refried beans
- black beans
- cheese of choice I like to use plain goat cheese, sharp cheddar or pepper jack!
- any other taco fixings you like!
- Layer ingredients into an oven or microwave safe bowl; I usually start with refried beans at the bottom, a little bit of cheese, black beans, meat and then topped with more cheese ALWAYS MORE CHEESE
- Heat in the oven, toaster oven or microwave until heated through and the cheese is melty.
Leftovers are miracles left behind by your past self so you can continue to enjoy food for several days afterwards. Bored with the meal you prepped a couple days ago? Spruce it up a little… don’t be afraid to experiment!
Be safe and have fun today, everyone!