Dude. Breakfast, for me has changed FOREVER. Thanks to Arman at The Big Man’s World.
Not only has he completely enabled my addiction to protein sweets with his new book, Clean Sweets, but he has totally reignited my passion for biscuits.
Side-note: if you haven’t check out his blog, or ordered his book yet.. DO IT.
THESE ARE SO FUCKING EASY AND DELICIOUS, I CAN’T EVEN STAND IT!
I end up halving the recipe, which I have included below, but they freeze wonderfully! Check out the original recipe
makes 6 biscuits
You Will Need:
- 1 cup of self rising flour; you can make this yourself if you don’t have any in your pantry by adding 1 1/2 tsp of baking powder and 1/4 tsp salt per 1 cup of flour
- 1 cup cheese; or more! I like using a mix of cheddar and mozzarella
- 2/3 cup milk of choice
- seasonings! You can do anything, I LOVE the Trader Joe’s 21 Seasoning Salute, or chili powder and garlic powder for a little kick of heat!
- ADD BACON IF YOU WANT THEM TO BE NEXT LEVEL AWESOME
- Preheat oven to 350F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat; I’m obsessed with silpats!
- Start by mixing your flour with cheese and slowly add the milk until a thick batter forms
- Let the batter set for two minutes before spooning out onto your prepared baking sheet. Give them some space to rise and expand
- Bake for 25 minutes or until slightly golden on top, and cooked through the center; be careful not to overcook them, they’re supposed to be soft and fluffy!
- Remove and enjoy immediately or cool completely before storing in an air tight container or freezing to enjoy later!
Any of the biscuits that end up extra thick, I slice them in half like an English muffin, toast it and eat them as such. Thank me later ❤