BREAKFAST. It’s my favourite meal ever. I would eat breakfast foods all day, everyday.
When I’m feeling like I need a big, diner breakfast without actually leaving the house, I make hash browns. Hot, hearty and the perfect side for eggs and bacon!
I’ve found that using a two-step cooking process for the sweet potatoes; boiling first and then pan frying, makes for the best hash browns. I also love tons of vegetables in my hash, so you can add or omit as you please!
You Will Need:
- 1-2 sweet potatoes; cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/2 onion; diced
- bell peppers; diced
- 2T oil; divided
- Add sweet potatoes to a large pot of boiling water and cook until slightly softened – about 10 minutes; drain.
- While the potatoes are cooking, heat 1T of oil in a large frying pan and add onions. Season with salt and pepper. Cook over medium heat until translucent, stirring occasionally – about 5 minutes
- Add remaining diced vegetables, drained sweet potato, paprika and the other tablespoon of oil and fry over medium-high heat until the potatoes are crispy; flipping the potatoes occasionally to get each side nice and brown
- Enjoy with eggs, bacon, a bagel, pancakes… whatever else you love for breakfast!