This banana bread recipe is coming to you via special request from a lovely lady on instagram! You literally add your ingredients to a blender, blend that bitch up, choose your vessel, bake, AAAAAAND DONE.
I found this recipe on Pinterest (and you can find some of my other saved recipes there, too!) which originally made them as muffins and I’ve made them; THEY’RE AMAZING.
Check out the original MUFFIN recipe!
The only difference with mine? Put it in a loaf pan instead of a muffin tin and adjust the cooking time. Don’t take my word for it, though. Try it for yourself!
You Will Need:
- 2.5 cups old fashioned oats
- 1 cup Greek yogurt; I used banana but you can use plain, vanilla, cinnamon.. anything your heart desires!!
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup honey
- 2tsp baking powder
- 1tsp cinnamon; optional I add cinnamon to almost everything that I bake
- 1tsp baking soda
- 2T ground flax seed
- 1tsp vanilla
- 2 ripe bananas; mashed
- Preheat oven to 350F, oil up a loaf pan and set it aside
- In a blender, pulse the oats for about 10 seconds, or until the large pieces have been broken up
- Add the rest of your ingredients to your blender and process until smooth
- Pour your batter into the prepared loaf pan and bake for 30-40 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean
- Allow to cool completely before slicing into 12 pieces.
I’ve found that slicing it up while its still in the pan makes it SO MUCH EASIER to get even slices! How have I not thought of that before?
You can store this lovely loaf at room temperature for about 4 days… if it’ll last that long!
One thought on “Reader Request! Quick and Easy Banana Bread”