HUMMUS! Quick, easy and delicious! It only takes a couple of ingredients and a few minutes of work to have a light and tasty snack. Pair it with fresh veggies, slap it on a sandwich or do whatever you want with it!
You Will Need:
- 1 – 15.5oz can of chickpeas (also known as garbanzo beans); rinsed or 2 cups of dried chickpeas
- 3T tahini
- juice of 1/2 of a lemon
- 2-3 garlic cloves; mined or more to taste
- 2-4T olive oil
- 1T cumin
- paprika optional; to taste
- water to thin as needed
- If you are using dried beans, soak them in water overnight. Rinse them and put them in a pot with new water and add 1tsp of baking soda. Bring to a simmer and allow to cook for about 45 minutes until you can smoosh them with your finger. Drain the excess water, allow to come to room temperature and add to food processor.
- Pulse the chickpeas, lemon juice, garlic and tahini until smooth; stopping to scrape the sides of the processor as needed; adding the oil as you go.
- Add your seasonings, and add water to achieve your desired consistency.
- Serve with pita bread or fresh veggies.. or however you want!
You can obviously add any other flavours you’d like; put some roasted red peppers in it, maybe some avocado? Get creative! Whats your favourite flavour?
5 thoughts on “HUMMUS!”
I love hummus, and I actually like the plain version the best 😊
Can’t go wrong with a classic!