How about some balls? IT’S LIKE THANKSGIVING IN YOUR MOUTH!
You can easily adjust the cooking temperature and time to do one big meatloaf ORRRRRRR get fancy and make some meatballs. Great for a party app or to bring to your next pot luck! Top it with your favourite gravy and pretend its Thanksgiving! You don’t even have to watch football!
You Will Need:
- 1lb ground turkey
- 1T olive oil
- 1-2 celery stalks finely diced
- 1/2 onion; finely diced
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1tsp chicken bullion
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1 egg; beaten
- Salt, pepper, thyme to taste
- In a large pan, heat olive oil over medium heat and add ground turkey, onions, celery, garlic, chicken bullion powder and seasonings until the meat is thoroughly cooked. Drain excess fat through a fine mesh sieve and discard. Put the meat mixture into a bowl to cool slightly before proceeding to the next step.
- With your hands, mix in the remaining ingredients to the meat mixture and pop it in the fridge covered for 30 minutes to an hour (up to overnight). You can skip the refrigeration step, but I find that its easier to form the meatballs when they’re cold.
- Preheat your oven to 400F. Form into meatballs or mini loaves using cupcake mold like I did!
- Bake your balls for 15-20minutes or until they reach an internal temperature of 160F OR FOR A LOAF bake at 350F for 1-1.25 hrs or until it reaches the same internal temperature. As a side note I have NOT made the loaf version of this, I am only speculating and noting similar cook times for other meatloaves.. keep watching it to make sure it doesn’t over cook and dry out!
Serve on toothpicks for a tasty appetizer or with veggies, gravy and stuffing for a full meal!